Wednesday 13 November 2013

Mushrooms Sauteed with Garlic

I always try to find a healthy side to go with my entrees. Vegetables are always a great choice as a side for just about anything, whether your eating fish, meat or chicken. The best things about vegetables is that you can heat up the majority of them and with the right mix and blend of ingredients turn them it a wonderful side.
I have to admit I enjoy just about any vegetable and growing up my family always made sure to have a garden growing in the summer months. As I got older I decided to get a little space for myself in the garden and try growing some vegetables.

I planted sweet and hot peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes to name a few and every year would experiment with a vegetable that I hadn't tried before, one of the best experiments involved corn until the neighbourhood racoons though it was time to snack on them and that was the end of that. The one vegetable though that just never seemed to grow right where mushrooms but I'm always glad that the local grocer has a bunch of them to choose from. So after quite a few experiments in the kitchen, I feel that I have found the right tasting side of mushrooms for any plate. These mushrooms will have your company asking for seconds.

Inspired by Family

MORE SIDE DISH RECIPES
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOMEMADE MASHED POTATOES
STEAM TO SKILLET VEGETABLES
SPICY HOMEMADE FRIES
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mushrooms Sauteed with Garlic
Servings : 4  Prep Time: 10 minutes  Cook Time: 15 minutes

Mushrooms Sauteed

Ingredients

1 pound of white mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
3 tbsp of unsalted butter
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of fresh black pepper
1/4 tsp of garlic powder
1/2 an onion, julienne (optional)
2 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped

Directions:

1- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat.
2- Add garlic cloves, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion (if using), cook until fragrant about 2 minutes.
3- Add mushrooms and mix with garlic/butter mixture to coat.
4- Cover pan and cook for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, make sure garlic does not burn.
5- Add parsley and cook one more minute, stirring before serving.
6- Enjoy !!!


No comments: