Monday 11 November 2013

Yummy Homemade Meatballs

There are times I like to walk into the kitchen with an idea and that was exactly the case that happened when I decided to try making homemade meatballs. We all need some inspiration and watching television helps, a simple plate of spaghetti and meatballs got me thinking, that I wanted to try making some homemade meatballs. I know that to make meatballs an egg and some bread crumbs are needed but I though why not add some of my favourite spices to the mix.

The mind started working overtime and I do my best to stay away from deep frying anything, so baking the meatballs was the only way I was going to go with this, you can add any spices you enjoy, it's your meatball make it the way you like. The keys to remember is the size that you want your meatballs to be and ground beef isn't the only option, for some you can always use ground turkey, chicken or lamb. Enjoy the meatballs on their own or add some veggies or pasta to go with them.

Inspired by Food Network

MORE BEEF RECIPES
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DELICIOUS BEEF STEW
SLOPPY BACHELOR BURGER
TRIPLE CHEESE HAMBURGER
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yummy Homemade Meatball Recipe
Servings: 4  Prep Time: 15 minutes  Cook Time: 25 minutes

Homemade Meatballs

Ingredients
500g of lean ground beef
1 egg
1/2 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 glove of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp of garlic powder
1/2 tsp of dried basil
1/2 tsp of dried thyme
1/4 tsp of fresh ground pepper

Directions:

1- Preheat oven to 375F.
2- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3- Use a plate and pour half the bread crumbs onto it.
4- Using a large bowl, stir together the egg, remaining bread crumbs, the cheese and all the spices.
5- Add the beef and using your hands, mix the beef well into the ingredients, do this for a few minutes.
6- Using your hands take about 2 tbsp of the mixture at a time, start rolling the meat into balls, then roll into the remaining bread crumbs, making sure they are covered well, place onto baking sheet.
7- Bake meatballs for 25 minutes, should make 16 meatballs
8- Enjoy!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just found your site & am enjoying looking around. Question about your meatball recipe: How much in pounds measurement is the ground beef? Haven't made any in forever & these look good. Another question I have is--is there a way to pin individual recipes to my Pinterest boards w/o following you? I'm new at Pinterest, so I assume "following you" includes everything on your site??? My eyesight is very bad, so I could very well be missing the pin it button. Thanks for taking time to help me. Now back to looking around your site!

Theo Bachelor said...

500 grams of ground beef is 1.1 pounds of ground beef, you should be able to just Pin your favourite recipes by going into the photo/link you are interested in pinning. Thanks for visiting